Tuesday 23 April 2013

Beautiful Woman

Ilustration pic taken from TrialX.com
I saw her again this morning. A very beautiful woman.
Every morning between 8 - 9 am whenever I am at the bus stop, she will passed me walking hand in hand with her Son. She always wears jeans, t-shirt, fleece jacket and a red or pink bandana under her sports cap to cover her bald head. Yes, She is bald. The effect of Chemo Therapy... because of cancer.

Ooh Please do not 'awwww..' in sadness or pity... Because there is nothing to pity about her.
For all this time I saw her (about 4 months now), she always wears a bright colored tops. In winter, her fleece jacket is either, red, blue or green. She walks with springs in her steps and smile on her face. Her sons, she has 2 sons, always walk hand in hand with her and they almost skipped in glee instead of walking. They always chat about something. You can see a strong bond between the mother and sons. You can see love.

I don't know her full story.
I overhead once from someone at the bus stop that she had chemo for cancer treatment.
But all I know, she is a strong and beautiful woman.
She has cancer but she doesn't let it beat her down.
I don't know in what state she is: is she recovering or just counting time?
Either way, she doesn't let it dictate her. She doesn't let it eat her and her family alive.
She enjoy and makes every second a cherished time.
She claims what is precious in life... those valuable seconds to show others you love them.

I pray for you, dear beautiful courageous woman.
Thank you for teaching me what matters most in life.
Thank you for teaching me not to be beaten by life darkest moment.

So for all of you who read this and thought how awful you life is, please think of this woman and how she chooses to be positive and make every moment counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...