Tuesday 11 June 2013

Updates on Cancer Research UK - Race for Life (-18 days)


I was never a runner. I am not keen on running. I find that running is boring. So you said to me, why taking up 5K running challenge then? Well, once in your life you got to do something different that pushed you way out of your comfort zone. Running is Definitely NOT my comfort zone. It is way... Waaaaaaay... out there for the above reason I mentioned. However, I am doing this for an important causes. One, to pledge my support for those battling cancer and two, to raise fund for cancer research.

It is now more than a month since I pledge my support and registered to run. Few days ago, running T-Shirt and running number arrived. I opened it in total disbelief that I ACTUALLY will be doing this. I pondered at the fact that my training routine is a mess. Trying to balance house life, dissertation and a monstrous denial, procrastination and dislike of running feeling is like a trying to drag a tractor across a football field with your teeth. I am tremendously  blessed for My better-hal, Simon, who allow me to explore these part of me and have always been supportive.

Last week, I injured my knee and left leg. I think I was pushing it too far with incorrect warm-up and cool-down routines. This week I am begin again. This morning, I did a longer warm-up and exercise gradual pace acceleration. I am still on Sudden burst technique which means I am behind in training when I was supposed to be running a longer and steady period now. But, I am not afraid... The most important thing is not to be injured which will put a long paused in my training, where everyone knows, starting again will means I need to drag that tractor across the football field with my teeth again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...