Thursday 14 January 2016

Foodie Delight #Day5 #30DaysBlogChallenge



(This is a catch-up entry I should have been posting yesterday)


Day 5: What are your favourite comfort food and why?


This is truly a difficult question. I love food. I love eating. I love cooking it. I love the process of producing it and the moment of enjoying it. So it is really difficult for me to pinpoint one (or two, or 5 or 10 or 20 etc). Each food is related to memories and depending on what kind of mood I am at, the food I am craving or consider comforting will be different.
My mother’s Chocolate Coffee Fudge cake for example reminded me so much of home and our family hard work throughout the years. Reminded me about growing up in Poka. Poka holds a huge chunks of my life growing up. This was the time I was very active at church activities. The time when I started what will become my Language Center now. The time I learn about putting hard work and you shall reap the benefit. The time of friendship. The time of first boyfriend. The painful time of conflict. And many others.
Then there’s Banana Muffin. Through the years, I have made this my own. Twisted the recipe and gave my own signature. It has served many satisfied mouth of my loved ones and I cherished each and every one of them every time I stirred  the batter or tore a bite to eat.
What about Chocolate and Ice cream? Well, yes… I love them too… but when I am sad… I do not go running to it. I think Cheese Balls is my comfort snack. I remembered Chikki. It is the name of a favourite cheese balls snack from when I was growing up. It’s yellow wrapper with a smiley duck will bring a smile to me. Then of course it also have the chocolate flavor ones and of course the surprise toys you may find inside it.
SO… yeah… This is the one Entry I cannot really decide. I love them all… They are all comforting… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...