Monday 11 January 2016

MY Pet Peeves #Day3 #30DaysBlogChallenge




Day 3: What are your top 5 pet peeves?

NOTE:
Yes, I am late to post this. My Apology. However this been typed and finished but sue to some hectic cleaning up day at my language center, I was not able to upload it to the internet.

Pet Peeves, I know this word when I was in junior high or early high school. I remember this not so vividly. But I do remember that I heard this word from a Teen TV show, “Saved by The Bell”… For you reader who immediately cringe and said, “What?!! Who?!!”… well… face it, I am a bit ancient. All you got to do not is Google it. Anyway, One of the character talked about Pet Peeves, and it bugs me for days because I do not know what does it mean. Were they talking about pets? Is that why  they talk about spiders, but they also talk about picking your nose. I used the English-Indonesian Dictionary but it didn’t help me much. Only until I was in my later year in High School and my English got a little better, I was able to use my father’s English-English Dictionary and had my ‘eureka’ moment about the words. 

According to Mirrian Webster Disctionary, Pet Peeve/s is  something that annoys or bothers a person very much. So the following are my top 5 Pet peeves:


  1. People smoking inside a room. It gets worse when it is an air conditioned room or when there are children, pregnant woman and old people around them, or when the smoker smoke when at other people’s house visiting and happily huff and puff their way oblivious of people around them. I think these people are not rude but a moron with no heart and no education. These are selfish people who only think of themselves. We should have like an astronaut helm put on their head so they huff and puff and swallow their own polluted smoke. I do hope they choke and stop being a pest to other people
  2. People cutting the queue (especially when they are cutting mine) or people won’t stand in line. Seriously! Everybody have rights. If you want yours to be respected, respect others. This is selfish act where you want to get yours first and don’t give a **bleep** about other people. Perhaps queuing is a mark of a sustainable society (not so much of educated though, this is relative), Take for example in England, people queue for everything. It is a norm and common practice that when you attempt to not doing it, you’ll be like a fish out of water. Sadly, I witness my fellow Indonesian got told to by fellow queues’ and/or staff about respecting others by queuing up. This is sad because we claim to be a cultured and religious people whose holy books talks about respecting others. Sadly, we are not able to embody and practice it in real life.
  3. Parents/adult who thinks it’s alright to let their children run around disturbing people and moment in public. Listen! I have my own child. I am a firm believer that children should be left being children. But there is a firm difference between being a child and have no manners. When a child mis-behaves like this, it is not the child we should be blamed. It is the parents. Aren’t parent’ responsibility to teach their children manners? It annoys me when a child is seriously misbehaving and are disturbing others and the parents/adult he/she are with laugh thinking its funny or pretend they do not see it or ignore it and continue with their chatter. Last month, we were having dinner at a newly opened restaurant joint. We had a nice time until 2 ladies with their 2 children came and sat on the table next to us. Apparently these 2 ladies are friends and were catching up on stories. However, after few minutes, the children began climbing chairs, shouting, waving balloons and smacking the waitresses. They even come and ‘glued’ themselves to our table and stare at our food and at us eating. The little one even try to grab my drink. And what did the ‘parents/adult’ do? Keep chatting!!!! Until one of the head waitress come and reminded them to control their children. What did they do? They smacked the Kids and said loudly, “What is wrong with you? You have no manners!” --- well sister, did you teach them, give them example and be consistent about it until they learn? Kids learn more from actions/examples that through words.
  4. Littering : People who don’t throw garbage in its place. Now these type of people are imbecile. What is wrong with moving your lazy bottom to the nearest trash can? You can also keep it in your bag until you find one. Sadly in Ambon people see that is is OK just to do that. Fancy and expensive car pass by aaaaaand… the window rolled open and out fly an empty plastic mineral water bottle or crumpled tissues or used plastic bag, snack wrapper AND Soiled Nappy. SMH!!!
  5. Being significantly late to meetings or appointment without reasonable reason. There’s no such thing as fashionably late. Being late is no longer in fashion. Ambonesse have this ‘Jam Karet’ or Rubber time habit that they quite surprisingly proud of. I can tolerate 5 up to 15 minutes late but up to 20 minutes up is rude and disrespectful of the person you are going to meet.
As you can see! I feel quite strongly about these. My list still continues but they ask for my top 5 so… there it was.

1 comment:

  1. I have all of em as my pet peeves from another handful of mine!
    Gosh. :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...