Friday 8 January 2016

Me and My Relationship #Day1 #30DaysBlogChallenge

Each relationship is unique. Don't ever try to generalized or compare yours to others.
Here are stories of some of my precious relationships


Marriage
My husband, Simon (whom I usually refer to as my better half) and I have been married for 7 years and 10 months. Prior to that we dated for 6 years and engaged for 1 year. So… I (usually) insisted to say that we have been together for 14 years. Things are never easy peasy and lovey dovey… that belongs to fairy tales. But what we have is real. We laugh, we argues, we give each other cold shoulder, we tease each other endlessly, we respect and support each other in work or in live, we cherish each other strength and work every day to accept and work with each other’s flaws and weakness. You cannot accept all fun and happy things in life especially in relationship such as marriage. It is a take and give process but most of all is about making sure we go extra length to create a lasting smile on the face of our spouse. Yes, we may have our low and down times but together we bounce higher.


Motherhood
Motherhood is a humbling journey. Having a child makes you consciously build your life around that little being. Motherhood/parenthood makes you realize your priorities in life. My daughter teaches me so much about life and about ‘being there’ 100% for another person. In the age of connectivity where we are bombarded with constant need to social media, she taught me the simplicity of ‘being there’. She taught me that the best things in life are free such as smiles and hugs. She makes me a superhero whose strength is my kiss which can heal all aches and pains, my hugs which makes the bad day go away, my smiles which brighten her day and my acceptance and pride of her small milestones achievement which makes her who she is.


Friendship
I have many friends. But along the way, I have known that I have only a handful of them whom I can call true friends. I am not a saint so I made mistakes and being a jerk sometimes. But these friends see me for who I really am past these flaws I made. They accept me and cherish me and in turn… they know I have their back.







Family
No matter where you go and who you meet, family is always your home. We fight, we argue but never once did their love fail me. My family made me who I am today. My parents give me wings to fly and roots to stay grounded. As I grow older, I have my own opinion and thoughts; many are not the same as theirs. But through and through they always wants what’s best for me and my future. –



My relationships teach me so many things and I am not finish learning yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...