Saturday 10 November 2012

A Day to Remember

picture from http://www.heruni.com/111111/

Today is the 10th of November 2012. It is the Indonesian National Hero day.
Tomorrow is the 11th of November 2012. The Remembrance Day...
TV is showing the BBC Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance
Tears flow freely on my cheek, my heart trembles in prayers not just for soldiers those who are serving, but
... to family who lost their loved ones... wives, husbands, children, parents, friends and community
... to the places on earth where conflict rage
... to those we call 'enemy'
... to men women and children who fell victims and who are left with no options but
to carry on living in those war torn country

I saw veteran soldiers in their old age, stand proud
   their muscles remember the drill,
   their eyes remembers... 
I saw the young soldiers in their youthful spirit
   strong build, gaze steadily for the future
   they too shall remember...

My second Remembrance Day in UK
My heart pines for peace
My prayer goes for each poppies and crosses bearing the name of the fallen ones
My heart breaks in solidarity with every war torn place

Red poppies rained down on TV
Red eyes and little tears on soldiers eyes
Trembled  lips on the young and the old soldiers
Two minutes of remembrance for heroes that will never be forgotten

I sat watching this as it happen on TV
In my cozy and warm bed
In far away places, there stood those that my prayer will touch.

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today"
We remember ... you will never be forgotten
For 10 Nov 2012 - Indonesian National Hero Day & 11 Nov 2012 - UK Remembrance Day
----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...