Thursday 21 August 2014

Getting Crafty - 'Homeschool-Homeschoolan'

Day 2 of our 'Home school' took on the art and crafty side of us. I basically needed to make some decoration for my Language Center classroom that I use for KIDS class. I also know Tania LOVEs to do art and craft just like her favorite Cebeebies program, Mr. Maker.
Because it was raining all the time (Rainy season is upon us), I thought it'll be great to make a rainy display. So I decided we are going to make a cloud, raindrops and umbrella. After getting everything we need Tania immediately set to work.
Here's how we do our "Rainy Display" :
  1. I cut out a rain template on a piece of cardboard while I set Tania to make all sizes of cotton balls. (top left pic)
  2. Then we smeared glue on the rain template and glued the cotton balls on it. (Tania loved smearing the glue). (Top right pic)
  3. As she was doing that I cut a tear drop shape on the cardboard and cut it out again. 
  4. Later I asked Tania to trace the teardrop shape on Blue origami paper. The teardrop shape will make the 3D raindrops. (Bottom left pic)
  5. Then we glue it together and string it up with an ordinary white sewing string. The raindrops strings is then sewed on to the bottom of the cloud. You can also glue it too.
  6. We put some double tape behind the cloud, pick the rigth location and we glue it on. 
  7. Later I cut a shape of Umbrella and have Tania to color it. 
  8. The Viola! We have a nice Rainly Display that my Language Center KIDS admire...
    example of how to do it from Okidomag
    The above picture is the inspiration I use to make the 3D raindrops. 
We do not have a 'sit down and learn' session today. I do tried to alternate and also follow her lead. So.. That conclude our day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...